Government colleges in state run sans professor

0
7

Absence of any professors in government colleges across the state and huge shortage of assistant professors echoed in the Chhattisgarh Assembly on Wednesday. Asking a question on behalf of BJP MLA Brijmohan Agrawal, another BJP MLA Shivratan Sharma wanted to know the academic status of government colleges across the state. 

The MLA sought information about posts lying vacant in colleges. Shockingly, it was said in the House that all the posts of Professors are lying vacant in the colleges of Chhattisgarh. Similarly, more than 50 per cent posts of principal and assistant professors are lying vacant.

Higher and Technical Education Minister Umesh Patel while answering in the House said that there are 247 approved posts of principals for the colleges of the state, out of which 175 posts are lying vacant which means only 72 colleges have principals.

At the same time, 3972 posts of assistant professors are approved for government colleges in the state, out of which 2175 are posted as assistant professors, while 1797 posts are still vacant.

The worst scenario in the colleges is the absence of professors. There is no professor posted in any college of the state, said the Minister. He said that 595 posts of Professor are approved in the state and all the posts are vacant.

The Minister assured in the House that the process of filling up the posts of Professor and Assistant Professor has been initiated. Details regarding the vacancies have been sent to the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) which has started the process. The minister said that 25 percent of the posts of Professors are filled through promotion while the remaining 75 per cent posts of Professor are filled through direct appointment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here