The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 12.38 Cr today as part of the world’s largest vaccination drive. Over 12 lakh vaccination doses were administered in the last 24 hours. As on Day-93 of the vaccination drive (18th April, 2021), 12,30,007vaccine doses were given. 9,40,725 beneficiaries were vaccinated across 21,905 sessions for 1st dose and 2,89,282 beneficiaries received 2nd dose of vaccine.
- 79% of New Cases are being reported from 10 States.
- India’s daily new cases continue to rise. 2,73,810new cases were registered in the last 24 hours.
- Ten states including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Rajasthan report78.58% of the new cases.
- National Mortality Rate has dipped further to 1.19%
- India’s total Active Caseload has reached 19,29,329. It now comprises 12.81% of the country’s total Positive Cases. A net incline of 1,28,013 cases recorded from the total active caseload in the last 24 hours.
- states/UTs have not reported any COVID19 deaths in the last 24 hours. These are Ladakh (UT), D&D & D&N, Tripura, Sikkim, Mizoram, Manipur, Lakshadweep, Nagaland, A&N Islands and Arunachal Pradesh.
- PradhanMantriGaribKalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Policy Claims of COVID Warriors will continue to be settled till 24th April 2021, thereafter a Fresh Insurance Policy for COVID Warriors will become effective