Two dies after consuming sanitizer in Raipur

0
41
Monkeypox in Delhi

Raipur, May 3

In a desperate need for alcohol, four persons in the state capital reportedly consumed sanitizer leaving two dead and others critically ill, police said.

The shocking incident took place Rajeev Awas locality near DKS Super Speciality Hospital Raipur under Gole Bazaar police station limits late last night, police said on Monday.

The deceased were identified as Raju Chura and Vijay Kumar Chouhan, both aged around 40 years, while Anil Chediya and Chandan Tiwari were undergoing treatment at Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, said police sources, elaborating that the condition of duo was stated to be stable.

Police sources informed that in preliminary police investigation it came to light that the persons might have consumed the sanitizer to meet the need for alcohol and fell sick following which they were rushed to the hospital by their family members. Raju and Vijay succumbed during treatment while others were reported to be stable and under constant observation of doctors.

More details in the case will be achieved once statement of Anil and Chandan will be recorded, added police sources.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here